Every organization takes the time to pause and review what was done over the past years to see what can be done to deliver on promises made. The same holds true for us! Here are some of the milestones that we have hit over the past few years:
- For the 2014-2015 school year, Generation 1st Degree-Pico Rivera empowered 1,261 students to reach for higher education
- Generation 1st Degree-Pico Rivera and its partners hosted 84 workshops and sessions including:
- 13 personal statement workshops where students prepared personal statements for their college applications reaching 390 students
- 2 parent workshops that reached nearly 300 parents
- A career day with more than 37 participating organizations
- 10 scholarship marathons where students learned about and applied for multiple scholarships to offset tuition costs
- A 4-day college tour where students visited several California Universities
- Dozens of specific workshops geared towards Juniors and Seniors
- Faculty seminars
- Test prep and academic advisement
- In 2014-2015, an average of 98% of our partner program students have gone on to college.
- We have given away more than 35,000 books to Kindergarteners in 5 years
We are sharing this with you to inspire you to support Generation 1st Degree – Pico Rivera! We hope you might find a reason, or 1,261 reasons to support our mission of having a college degree in every home in Pico Rivera!